Ceremony is when we act out our intent within sacred space.
Ceremony allows us to communicate our feelings and intent directly – to ourselves, the spirits we work with, our community and the universe. We use ceremony to honour, remember, heal, thank, and include our relationships in our lives.
Times when ceremony is a good tool to use include:
- To dedicate new objects to our animism practice.
- To communicate our thanks to the spirits we work with.
- To remember or re-establish a relationship.
- To initiate a new relationship on a good footing.
- To celebrate or release a situation, person or feeling.
To create a ceremony, we need three essential elements: sacred space, intent and an action that represents our intent. There is an infinite number of ways that these elements can be woven together, from throwing stones into the sea to a wedding ceremony.
For more about using ceremony in your own animism practice, join the free 12 week Foundation in Animism course here: