Altars are sacred spaces where we can relate to all the important people, places and feelings in our lives on a practical level.
Altars allow us to work with a specific relationship daily for weeks or months, to explore a relationship deeply, to approach problems in relationships intuitively and to work with our relationships directly, by-passing our intellects.
Altars are particularly helpful when:
- You need to solve a problem in a relationship.
- You want to deepen your understanding of a relationship.
- You’re just beginning a new relaitonship.
- You want to maintain an important relationship over the long term.
- You need to work with multiple relationships together.
Altars have three essential elements: sacred space, intent and physical objects to represent the relationships. By arranging the objects in your sacred space, intending that they represent the relationship, a kind of alchemy happens that transforms them into bridges between the physical world and the energetic, spiritual world.
You can then work with the objects within the sacred space in a vast number of ways, depending on what your goals are.
To find out more about altars and how to set up your own ancestor altar, join the free 12 week Foundation in Animism course here: