Divination is the practice of reading meaningful patterns in randomness.
It allows us to gain a new perspective, hear the voices of the spirits we work with (without using more advanced tools like trance work), and provides inspiration, guidance and deeper knowledge.
Times when divination is helpful include:
- When you need more clarity on a situation.
- When you need a new perspective on a problem.
- When you want to understand a spirit you’re working with better.
- When you need guidance in your animism practice.
- When you feel like a spirit has something to communicate with you.
- When you want to develop more inspiration for a creative practice.
Divination requires sacred space, intent, a clear question and a random pattern to ‘read’. It includes structured methods like using cards or runes, as well as unstructured methods such as casting stones or reading in mirrors.
For more information and to learn how to use three divination methods, join the free 12 week Foundation in Animism course here: